1 for All First Amendment Video Contest – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Eligibility: 1 for All First Amendment Video contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Entrants must have an account with YouTube, which is free. Employees of the Freedom Forum/Diversity Institute/Newseum and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Freedom Forum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, D.C. 20001.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on July 1, 2010, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on July 31, 2010, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”) and consists of three (3) phases as set forth in the chart below.
|Phase||Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET||Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET|
YouTube, LLC’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Submission Phase, visit www.youtube.com/1forall, log in and follow the links and instructions to create an account or log in to your YouTube account (the “Account”). Once logged in to your Account, follow the links and instructions to submit a video that illustrates your First Amendment freedoms.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Rules”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, can disqualify your submission from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. Disqualified submissions will not be posted.
- The Submission must be in Flash Video FLV, MPEG MPG, MPEG 4 MP4, QuickTime MOV, Windows ASF, Windows AVI, Windows WMV format;
- The Submission must not exceed 30 seconds in length; any entry longer than 30 seconds will be automatically disqualified.
- The Submission must comply with the YouTube standards http://www.youtube.com/t/terms; and the YouTube Community Guidelines http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines?gl=GB&hl=en-GB.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement, including copyrighted music or logos of any sort;
- The Submission must not contain footage, images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
For All Submissions: Limit:
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. The person who creates the Account will be deemed to be the entrant. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested by Sponsor, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder, at time of entry, of the email address used to create the applicable Account will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
(a) Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will identify the ten (10) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the “Finalists”) from among all eligible Submissions. Scoring will be based on the effectiveness of the video in promoting understanding of the First Amendment.
(b) Voting Phase: During the Voting Phase, the top ten submissions will be posted in an online gallery for public voting at www.youtube.com/1forall. Members of the public will be invited to vote, by indicating “thumbs up,” for the Submission they believe has the most public appeal. Users are restricted to one vote per video per day. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Entrant’s compliance with these Official Rules, the number of votes a Submission receives during the Voting Phase will be considered in the determination of the potential Grand Prize winner. Email addresses of the voters will not be stored.
The three (3) Finalist with the highest scores will be reviewed and scored by the judges. The submission with the highest combined score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner, the next two highest will be the potential First and Second Prize winners. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner for any prize, should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
For the Voting Phase: Any attempt by any voter to submit fraudulent votes via any method will void that voter’s Submission(s) (if any) and votes and he/she will be disqualified from further participation in the Contest. Use of script, macro or any other automated system to vote is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9 below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, garbled, delayed, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected votes, which will be void.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via YouTube account in order to collect his or her contact information and later by email, mail or phone on or around September 1, 2010. First and Second Prize winners will be notified once Grand Prize winner is confirmed. Each potential winner will have five (5) days after being notified via YouTube account to respond with his or her full contact information, or forfeit the prize. Then, each potential Grand, First or Second Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, fails to respond to the YouTube notification within the required time period, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant to Sponsor the non-exclusive license to use the Submission as specified in Section 5 above. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Awards: Winning videos will be posted on the 1 for All YouTube channel and be included in an exhibit at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. Winning videos will also be made available to all media partners of 1 for All for use on their websites, or for broadcast or cable TV distribution as a part of the 1 for All national media campaign. Additional prizes and awards may be granted in the future and winners of phase one of the contest will be eligible for inclusion in any future 1 for All contests.
9. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, YouTube, LLC, Freedom Forum and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Washington, D.C., judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
© 2010 Freedom Forum. All rights reserved.